Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia- Rosemont Unit
1505 Competitor Court
Va beach, VA 23456
Current Inspector: Nanette Roberts (757) 404-2322
Inspection Date: Aug. 15, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
- Technical Assistance:
Technical assistance was provided in the following areas of the standards: supervision, attendance, staff records, transportation, first aid supplies, medication, and allergies.
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 8/15/22 from 11:00am - 12:30pm. During the inspection there were 56 school age children in care with seven staff. Children were observed participating in various activities in the classrooms and playing in the gym. Records were reviewed for six children while at the facility and five staff while at the central office on 8/17/22. Medication, emergency procedures, emergency supplies and transportation procedures were also reviewed during the inspection. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance(s) with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the
program, and were discussed during the exit interview.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-430-I Description: Based on observation and interviews, it was determined that the licensee did not ensure that personal items are individually assigned.
1. The containers that the children brought form home and were used for water were not labeled with their name.
2. Staff #6 confirmed that the containers that the children bright from home and were using to drink water were not individually assigned.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded: Any personal item that a child brings from home will be labeled with their name.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-510-I Description: Based on a review of the medication being stored at the facility, it was determined that the facility did not ensure that in order to administer prescription medication, the center has obtained written authorization from a parent or guardian, and that any medication that was dispensed from a pharmacy is maintained in the original, labeled container.
1. The written authorization for the medication (Epi-Pen and Albuterol inhaler) for child #3 was not signed by the parent.
2. The written authorization for the medication (Albuterol inhaler) for child #7 was not signed by the parent.
3. The written authorization for the medication (Epi-Pen and Albuterol inhaler) for child #8 was not signed by the parent.
4. The written authorization for the medication (Albuterol inhaler) for child #9 was not signed by the parent.
5. The written authorization for the medication (Albuterol inhaler) for child #10 was not signed by the parent.
6. Staff #6 confirmed that there was medication at the facility that did not have written authorization from the parent to be given.
Plan of Correction: The facility responded: the parents of each child will sign the medication authorization. Medication will not be accepted if there is not a signed medication authorization.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.