Chesterbrook Academy #828
42097 Braddock Road
Aldie, VA 20105
Current Inspector: Tameika King (804) 629-7486
Inspection Date: Oct. 14, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed with the provider: TB test requirements for new staff and injury reports
An unannounced Monitoring Inspection took place on 10/14/2022 between the hours of approximately 9:35 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. There were 10 classrooms observed with a total of 102 children with 21 staff within the supervision guidelines. The children were observed participating in circle time, playing with manipulatives, having "show and tell", tracing letters and other organized activities. Positive interaction between staff and children were observed. A complete inspection of the physical plant, children and staff records, fire drill log, medication and injury reports were observed during this inspection. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program. If you have any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your cooperation during the inspection.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation, areas of the center, inside, were not maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1. In the ?Beginners A? classroom, there was chipped green paint on the chair rail by the cots, chipped paint by the couches and chipped paint by the bulletin boards.
2. In the ?Toddler B? classroom, there was chipped paint to the right and left of the mirror and under the windowsill.
3. In the ?Intermediates B? classroom, there was chipped paint by the circle time carpet, chipped paint by the sink, chipped paint on the door frame of bathroom #1 and chipped paint on the orange chair rail.
4. In the ?Pre-K A? classroom, there was chipped paint under and to the left of the window that looks outside, chipped and peeling paint under the window by the technology center, chipped paint to the left of the cubbies, chipped paint on the back wall beside the bulletin board, and chipped blue paint on the chair rail.
5. In the ?Toddlers B? classroom, there was chipped paint on the wall by the cots and chipped paint by the circle time carpet.
6. In the ?Pre-K? classroom, there was chipped paint on the door frame of the right bathroom and chipped paint on the wall by the circle time carpet.
Plan of Correction: I have placed a work order to get the rooms painted.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.