Jupiter Learning Academy
32365 Constitution Highway
Locust grove, VA 22508
Current Inspector: Amy Tomblin (804) 629-3923
Inspection Date: Oct. 12, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted on 10/12/2022 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.. There were 47 children present, ranging in ages from 5 months to 4 years old, with 10 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of 5 child records and 7 staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Licensing Inspector at (804) 629-3923.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-B Description: Based on review of records and interview, the center failed to ensure that documentation of a tuberculosis (TB) screening was submitted at the time of employment and prior to coming into contact with children. Evidence:
1. Staff #3?s start date is 08/16/2022. The TB screening on file was completed on 08/27/2022. Staff #7 confirmed that Staff #3 did not complete a TB screen prior to coming in contact with children.
Plan of Correction: Correction for future plan have all new hire staff submit to a (TB) screening prior to hire date.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-C Description: Based on review of records and interviews, the center failed to ensure that all staff obtained a tuberculosis (TB) screening at least every two years from the date of the initial screening or testing.
1. Staff #7?s last TB screening on file was dated 10/05/2020. Staff #7 confirmed that an updated TB screening had not been completed.
2. Staff #4?s previous TB screening on file was dated 07/14/2020. The more recent TB screening on file was completed on 09/20/2022. Staff number #7 confirmed that the most recent TB screening was not completed within 2 years of the previous screening.
3. Staff #5?s previous TB screening on file was dated 07/08/2020. The most recent TB screening on file was completed on 07/15/2022. Staff number #7 confirmed that the most recent TB screening was not completed within 2 years of the previous screening.
Plan of Correction: Correction for future plan is to have a schedule posted of all staff (TB) screening and making sure they have a new test 1 month before their (TB) expiration date.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-380-A Description: Based on observation and interview, the center failed to ensure that a daily schedule was posted.
1. No daily schedule was observed to be posted in the classrooms or in the center.
2. Staff #7 confirmed that daily schedules were not posted.
Plan of Correction: Not available online. Contact Inspector for more information.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-510-F Description: Based on observation and interview, the center failed to ensure that the medication authorization was available to staff.
1. There was no authorization form available for medication #1, #2, #3, #6 or #7.
2. Staff #7 confirmed there were no medication authorizations available.
Plan of Correction: Correction for future plans is to have all MAT Consent Forms filled out by parent, guardian and physician prior to child entering the program. Medical forms and medication will be kept in a lock box in the office. All staff that are MAT Trained will have access to the combination and the correct information.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-560-G Description: Based on observations and interviews, the center failed to ensure that food brought from home was clearly dated and labeled in a way that identifies the owner.
1. In Classroom #2, 17 lunch boxes were not clearly dated and 12 lunch boxes were without names. Staff #7 confirmed that the lunch boxes were not labeled with a name or dated.
Plan of Correction: Correction for future plan all children?s lunch boxes will have name and correct date written on masking tape and placed inside the lunch box where the children cannot remove it.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.