Montessori of Chantilly-Casa dei Bambini
42200 Glascock Field Drive
Dulles, VA 20166
Current Inspector: Shahana Green (571) 423-6735
Inspection Date: Nov. 15, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
8VAC20-790 Subsidy Regulations
- Technical Assistance:
Discussed appropriate areas to lock cleaning supplies and labeling requirements for infant bottles.
Today an unannounced Monitoring Inspection took place between the hours of 11:50am and 2:00pm. There were 6 classrooms observed with a total of 88 children with 18 staff. The children were observed reading books, cleaning up from lunch, hand washing and other organized activities. A complete inspection of the physical plant, children and staff records, evacuation drill log, emergency medication, and emergency materials were reviewed during this inspection. Violations were found during today?s inspection and can be viewed on the Violation Notice.
Thank you for your cooperation during the inspection. If you have any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22.1-289.035-B-4 Description: Based on a review of staff records, 1 out of 4 staff records reviewed did not have a copy of the results of a search of the child abuse and neglect registry or equivalent registry from any state in which the individual has resided in the preceding five years.
1. Staff #2 (doh: 6/7/2021) did not have the results of a search of the child abuse and neglect registry or equivalent registry from State #1 in which the staff member has resided in the preceding five years on file during the inspection.
Plan of Correction: We will send out the central registry right away and will put the results in the staff member's file once received.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-A Description: Based on a review of staff records, 2 out of 4 staff members did not submit documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening within day one of employment or 30 days prior.
1. Staff #3 (doh: 7/26/2022) had a tuberculosis screening on file dated 8/1/2022.
2. Staff #4 (doh: 8/24/2022) had a tuberculosis screening on file dated 8/25/2022.
Plan of Correction: We will ensure that the TB screening is obtained within the allotted timeframe moving forward.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-350-O Description: Based on observation, the ratio for balanced-mixed-age groupings was not followed at all times.
1. At approximately 11:59pm, Staff #1 was observed leaving the Primary classroom #1 and going down the hall to get the cots for the children and returned to the classroom at approximately 12:00pm. Staff #2 was observed to be left alone in the classroom with 22 children for approximately 1 minute.
Plan of Correction: We will make sure the classroom is always in ratio.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-500-B Description: Based on observation, a nonabsorbent surface for diapering or changing was not available for children under 3 years of age.
1. In the Toddlers classroom #4, the diaper changing pad was observed to have multiple small tears in it.
2. In the Toddlers classroom #6, the diaper changing pad was observed to have a large rip in the center of the pad.
3. In the Infant classroom #5, the diaper changing pad was observed to have multiple small tears in it.
Plan of Correction: New changing pads were ordered for all 3 classrooms at the time of the inspection.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-560-G Description: Based on a observation, food from home was not labeled as required.
1. Two bottles containing breastmilk for child #2 had the child's name on them, but there was no date on the bottles.
Plan of Correction: We will make sure all bottles are labeled with the date each day.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.