Creme de la Creme
44799 Saranac Street
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Stacy Doyle (571) 835-0386
Inspection Date: Nov. 22, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
A self-reported incident was received by the department on 11/16/2022 regarding leaving a three year old on the playground alone while the teacher and remaining children went inside. A joint investigation was conducted with a local agency and concluded on 11/22/2022. Documents and the center's video recording were reviewed and interviews were conducted with staff.. Information gathered during the investigation of the self-report determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law, and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Please contact me if you have any questions at Stacy.Doyle@doe.virginia.gov or 571-835-0386.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-40-E Description: Based on staff interviews, the center's activitiesand services were not maintained in compliance with the center's own policies and procedures that are required by these
1. The center's policy on supervision states: Name to face counts should be done "at any other time the children are moved from one activity to another."
2. On 11/16/2022,Staff #1 in the Toddler 3 C Classroom(Two and Three Year old Class) did not count children when they returned from the playground as required by policy: *At approximately 3:31pm, Staff #1 lined up the children in the Two/Three Year Old classroom to go inside. She stated she did not do a name to face count of the children when they returned to the classroom.
3. The Face to Name attendance Roster on 11/16/2022 did not have record of the transition from the classroom to the playground or from the playground to the Classroom(Toddler 3 C) in the afternoon.
Plan of Correction: Staff reviewed policy 11.4 in the teacher's manual with Director. Staff was also spoken with about the importance of the use of walkie talkies. They were also instructed to use walkie talkies or phones during rotations to seek the help of a manager or available teacher.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-340-F Description: Based on interview and review of video footage, it was determined that the center did not ensure that all children 10 yearsof age or younger shall always be within actual sight and sound supervision of staff.
1. On 11/16/2022, Child #1 (Age 3 years old), was not within actual sight and sound
supervision of staff for approximately 3-4 minutes.
2. Staff #1 stated that they found the child near the outside playground door alone after the child's mother asked "where is [Child #1]"? Staff #1 was not able to explain how Child #1 (3 year old) was able to leave their supervision. Staff #1 stated they thought [Child #1] was in the group.
Plan of Correction: Staff was retrained on 11/28/2022 on how to properly complete a face to name check at the beginning and end of every rotation to ensure all children in their care are within sight and sound.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.