KinderCare Learning Centers #301001
6215 Stone Road
Centreville, VA 20120
Current Inspector: Eureka Nance (703) 638-5968
Inspection Date: Dec. 22, 2022
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion on supervision policy and reviewing of standards during staff meetings.
An investigation was conducted on 10/18/2022 in response to a self-reported incident received by our office regarding the supervision in the school-age classroom. Based upon multiple interviews, the incident is deemed valid. Violations cited for care and protection are identified in the Violation Notice.
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-40-N Complaint related: No Description: Based on interview, the staff did not follow the center's written playground safety procedures for provision for active supervision by staff to include positioning of staff in strategic locations, scanning play activities, and circulating among children.
1. School-age classroom were on the playground.
2. When it was time to return back in the classroom, two children hide from staff.
3. A parent had notified Director of the children left unattended on the playground.
4. One child entered back in the building with a parent. The other children remained on the playground until the staff went to go get the child.
5. Staff did not follow the name to face recognition as transition to go inside the building.
6. Staff did not follow the center's transition record recording and the supervision policy "enrolled children must be supervised at all times."
Plan of Correction: Not available online. Contact Inspector for more information.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.