Haygood KinderCare #300940
4621 Crossborough Rd.
Virginia beach, VA 23455
Current Inspector: Heather Harrell (757) 334-4329
Inspection Date: Jan. 6, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
A renewal inspection was conducted on 1/6/23 from 10:10am until 1:15pm. At the time of the inspection, there were 63 children in care with 14 staff present. A sample of 6 children's records and 6 staff records were reviewed. Children were observed participating in learning activities, playing on the playground, eating lunch and resting quietly during nap time. Lunch service, infant bottle feeding and handwashing and restroom procedures were also observed. First aid and emergency supplies, the emergency preparedness plan, documentation of emergency practice drills, medication, transportation, and required center postings were reviewed. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law. Violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program and discussed with the center director during the exit interview.
Standard #: 22.1-289.035-B-4 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that the results of a criminal history record information check is obtained from any state in which the individual has resided in the preceding five years.
1. Staff 1 has a hire date of 12/28/22. Staff 1 indicated on her sworn statement or affirmation that she has resided in the state of Texas within the past five years. The results of a criminal history record information check from the state of Texas was not available for staff 1.
2. The center owner confirmed that the criminal history record information check for staff 1 from the state of Texas has not been completed.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The out-of-state criminal background check for staff 1 was completed during the inspection and the results have been placed in staff 1's record.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that children's records contain all the required information.
1. The record for child 1 (date of enrollment: 2/16/21) contains only one name, address and phone number of a person to call in an emergency if a parent cannot be reached, where two are required.
2. The center director confirmed that the record for child 1 is lacking one of the two required emergency contacts.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The parent of child 1 will be contacted to obtain the second emergency contact.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-70 Description: Based on record review and interview, the center did not ensure that staff records contain all the required information.
1. The record for staff 2 (date of hire: 12/12/22) does not contain documentation of orientation training.
2. The center director confirmed that the record for staff 2 is lacking documentation of orientation training.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Staff 2 received center specific orientation training; however, it was not documented in the record. The orientation training form will be completed and placed in staff 2's record.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.