Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia- Rosemont Unit
1505 Competitor Court
Va beach, VA 23456
Current Inspector: Christopher Robinson (757) 404-2322
Inspection Date: Feb. 21, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
8VAC20-820 HEARINGS PROCEDURES.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
- Technical Assistance:
Technical assistance given and standards regarding MAT information and plan were reviewed.
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted on February 21, 2023, from 1:40pm to 3:45pm. There were 40 children and 8 staff members present. The Inspector reviewed seven children?s records and seven staff records. The Inspector observed staff and children?s interactions throughout the inspection. Children were observed during school bus drop off to the center, group activity, snack, free play, and homework. Currently, there are no medications being administered at the center at this time. Emergency preparedness documents and drill logs were observed. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented. The violations are listed on the violation notice issued to the center and were reviewed with the director at the exit interview.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-A Description: Based on record review and interview, it was determined the that the center did not ensure that each staff member submit documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening in which the documentation shall have been completed within the last 30 calendar days of the date of employment and be signed by a physician, physician's designee, or an official of the local health department.
1. Staff #3 (date of hire 09/14/2022) has a negative tuberculosis screening dated 10/25/2022, which is outside of the required date of being completed within the last 30 calendar days of the date of employment.
2. Staff #2 confirmed that the tuberculosis screening for Staff #3 is outside of the required timeframe of being completed within the last 30 calendar days of the date of employment.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: Moving forward, the center will ensure that all tuberculosis screenings are completed timely and within the required time frame.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that areas and equipment of the center, inside and outside, shall be maintained in a safe and operable condition. Evidence:
1. The carpet observed near the front desk was lifted off the ground due to a tear in the rug which is a tripping hazard to the children in care.
2. In the science classroom, there were two plastic bins that were cracked and broken which poses as a pinching and injury hazard to the children in care.
3. In the media/computer room, the baseboard was coming off the wall and the carpet was snagging with threads coming off the rug which poses as a tripping hazard.
4. Walls throughout the center had peeling and chipping paint.
5. Staff #1 confirmed the tear in the carpet, the broken plastic bins, the tripping hazards to the carpets, and the peeling and chipping paint throughout the building.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The center will put in a work order for all areas of concerns and have them fixed to ensure the safety of the children in care.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-550-I Description: Based on observation and interview, it was determined that the center did not ensure that a 911 or local dial number for police, fire and emergency medical services and the number of the regional poison control center shall be posted in a visible place at each telephone.
1.The phones at the center did not have a 911 or local dial number for police, fire and emergency medical services and the number of the regional poison control center posted at each telephone.
2. Staff #1 confirmed that there was no posting for emergency numbers by each phone.
Plan of Correction: The center responded with the following: The center will place postcards of all the required emergency numbers listed by each phone that is visible.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.