Henrico Police Athletic League - Pinchbeck
1275 Gaskins Road
Henrico, VA 23238
Current Inspector: Jennifer Moore (540) 430-0384
Inspection Date: March 6, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies.
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minors records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
22.1 Early Childhood Care and Education
An unannounced monitoring inspection was initiated on 3/6/2023 and concluded on 3/7/2023. The inspector was on site on 3/6/2023 from approximately 2:45 pm- 4:00 pm. There were 34 children present, ranging in ages from 5 to 12 years, with 4 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies, nutrition and background checks. A total of 5 child records and 5 staff records were reviewed. Staff records were reviewed remotely on 3/7/2023.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Please complete the plan of correction and date to be corrected for each violation cited on the violation notice and return it to me within 5 business days from today. You will need to specify how the deficient practice will be or has been corrected. Just writing the word corrected is not acceptable. Your plan of correction must contain: 1) steps to correct the noncompliance with the standard(s), 2) measures to prevent the noncompliance from occurring again; and 3) person(s) responsible for implementing each step and/or monitoring any preventative measures. Please do not use staff names; list staff by positions only.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-130-A Description: Based on a review of five (5) child records and interview, the center did not ensure to obtain documentation that three (3) children had received the immunizations required by the State Board of Health before the first date of attendance as required.
1. The records of child #2 (date of attendance: 1/2/2023) and child #3 (date of attendance: 11/16/2022) did not contain immunization records. The record of child #4 (date of attendance: 12/1/2022) contained an immunization record dated 1/18/2023.
2. Administration acknowledged that the immunization records were not received prior to attendance.
Plan of Correction: Moving forward Henrico PAL will obtain immunization records before a child starts.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-140-A Description: Based on a review of five (5) child records and interview, the center did not ensure that two (2) children had a physical examination by or under the direction of a physician:1. Before the child's attendance; or 2. Within 30 days after the first day of attendance.
1. The record of child #2 (date of attendance: 1/2/2023) and child #3 (date of attendance: 11/16/2022) did not contain a physical record.
2. Administration acknowledged that the physical records had not been received.
Plan of Correction: The parents of child #2 and #3 have been given the proper paperwork stating that physical records are needed.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-A Description: Based on a review of five (5) staff records and interview, the center did not ensure to obtain a tuberculosis screening for one (1) staff at the time of employment that had been completed within the last 30 calendar days of the date of employment as required.
1. The record of staff #5 (date of employment: 1/17/2023) contained a TB screening dated 11/12/2022.
2. Administration acknowledged that the TB screening had not been completed within 30 days of the date of employment.
Plan of Correction: moving forward, Henrico PAL will ensure that all employees have a TB screening within 30 days of employment.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A Description: Based on a review of five (5) child records and interview, the center did not ensure to maintain a record for four (4) children that contained the required information.
1. Child records are required to contain the name, address, and phone number of two designated people to call in an emergency if a parent cannot be reached. The record of child #2 (date of attendance: 1/2/2023) was missing the addresses of the two (2) emergency contacts. The record of child #3 (date of attendance: 11/16/2022) was missing the addresses of the two (2) emergency contacts. The record of child #4 (date of attendance: 12/1/2022) the addresses of the two (2) emergency contacts. The record of child #5 (date of attendance: 11/30/2021) was missing the address of the first emergency contact and the complete emergency contact info for the second emergency contact.
2. Administration acknowledged that the records were incomplete.
Plan of Correction: As of today the emergency contacts of child #2, #3, #4 and #5 have been obtained.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.