Childcare Network #180
4300 John Tyler Highway
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Current Inspector: Tiffany Jones (757) 403-3045
Inspection Date: April 28, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
A focused monitoring inspection was completed on Friday, April 28, 2023 at the center. There were 52 children present, ranging in ages from infancy to school age, with 8 staff supervising and 1 administrative staff at the facility. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, and background checks. A total of 3 staff records were reviewed. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program. If there are any questions regarding the inspection please contact me inspector, Tiffany Jones at 757-403-3045.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-70 Description: Based on review of staff records and interview, in 2 of 3 records the center did not ensure to obtain all staff records information.
1. In Staff#2's records( date of hire: 09/19/22), documentation for the two references were missing the names of persons contacted, and signature of person making the call.
2. In Staff#3's record (date of hire: 2/14/23), there was documentation for one references as to character and reputation found. The reference check documentation was missing names of persons called, and signature of person making call.
3. Interview with staff confirmed documentation available for review during the inspection.
Plan of Correction: Documentation is filles out correctly and signed.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observations and photographs, the center did not ensure all areas and equipment of the center, inside and outside, shall be maintained in a clean, safe, and operable condition,
Evidence. During the inspection on April 28, 2023, the following observations were made:
1. In the School Age hallway bathroom near the kitchen, there were two toilets with a brownish circular buildup in toilet bowl and visible dried fecal matter in both toilets. The countertops in the sink are had visible scum on the surface.
2. In the Two's classroom, there was loose debris, dirt, and grass throughout the carpet and the floor. The two sinks in the room had dead, black insects in the bowl, The white cabinets enclosing the sinks had multiple brown, linear stains on the surface.
3. In the Three's/Four's classroom, there was no sealant between the sink and the countertop causing a gap that was a possible pinching point. The base of the toilets had uncovered protruding screws and visible rust buildup.
4. In the Two's classroom, one toilet had been removed with a towel stuffed inside the open floor flange accessible to the children in care.
5. The kitchen door, near the School Age area, was left open and unsupervised with a knife block on the countertop holding seven knives.
6. Photographs of all areas observed during the inspection at the center.
Plan of Correction: That the cleanliness will be done throughout the day. The kitchen door is to remain locked and closed at all times.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-280-B Description: Based on observations, the center did not ensure hazardous substances are kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
Evidence: The following observations were made during the inspection on April 28, 2023:
1. The kitchen door, near the School age area, was left open and unsupervised. In a lower cabinet, there was a bottle of dual action spray, stainless steel cleaner, liquid detergent, and an oven cleaner that were labeled "keep out of reach of children", danger", "caution", and flammable".
2. In the Two's classroom, there was an unlocked cabinet observed containing cleaners and disinfectant spray with label "keep out of reach of children" and caution".
Plan of Correction: There is a lock on the cabinet
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-530-A Description: Based on observation, review of staff record and interview, the center did not ensure at least one staff in each classroom or area where children are present shall have cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
Evidence: 1. In Staff#3's record, there was no current cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid found for review. 2. In the Toddler group, Staff#3 was observed working alone with the children in care during the inspection. 3. Interview with staff confirmed Staff#3's CPR/FA certifications were not available for review.
Plan of Correction: Staff is doing the CPR class.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.