Community Care and Learning Center
202 East Old Cross Road
New market, VA 22844
Current Inspector: Amy Tomblin (804) 629-3923
Inspection Date: May 11, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
An announced initial inspection was conducted on May 11, 2023 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of physical plant, programming, special care and emergencies. Measurements were taken of the classrooms and indoor spaces.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Licensing Inspector at (804) 629-3923.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-270-A Description: Based on observation and interview, the center failed to ensure that areas and equipment of the center, inside and outside, were maintained in a clean, safe and operable condition.
1. Under the awning of the infant room door there was one wasps nest observed. Under the awning of the two-and-a-half-year-old to four-year-old room door, there were 3 wasps nests observed. Staff #1 confirmed the presence of the wasp?s nest.
2. In the infant room, the wall paneling was loose and had gaps in the corners. Staff #1 confirmed that the wall paneling was loose and had gaps in the corners.
3. One ceiling light cover was missing in the infant room. One cover to an unknown fixture in the infant room ceiling was missing. There were two unknown fixture holes in the main ceiling missing a cover. Staff #1 confirmed that the covers were missing.
Plan of Correction: - For all the wasp nests we have already knocked them down and treated for bees and wasps in all the noticeable locations where nests were present. We also added bee/wasp maintenance and prevention measures to our orkin pest control monthly subscription for them to treat and prevent future nests from happening.
- The paneling was loose and is being taken care of today! We are going to fix the paneling by making sure it is fastened to the wall with the appropriate construction measures to ensure students and staff cannot pinch themselves or get injured by the previously loose paneling in the infant room.
- The ceiling light covers in the infant room are also being taken care of today as they will be replaced and covered to ensure they are not a safety concern for our students, staff, and families. We will also being covering the unknown fixture in the infant room as well as in the main corridors to ensure there are no holes visible to prevent possible safety hazards.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-320-B Description: Based on measurement, the center failed to ensure that the running warm water does not exceed 120?F.
1. The warm water in the preschool bathroom sink measured 123.1?F.
2. The warm water in the 2.5-3 year?s classroom bathroom sink measured 123?F.
3. The warm water in the infant room sink measured 124.5?F.
Plan of Correction: We have already had our plumber come and turn down the water heater to ensure that our water temperatures do not exceed 120?F. We had the plumber come Friday afternoon as soon as the inspection was complete.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.