Community Care and Learning Center
202 East Old Cross Road
New market, VA 22844
Current Inspector: Amy Tomblin (804) 629-3923
Inspection Date: July 31, 2023
Complaint Related: Yes
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
An unannounced complaint inspection was conducted on 07/31/2023 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The complaint was received on 07/25/2023 regarding physical plant, staffing and supervision and programs. Three staff members were interviewed, and five classrooms where observed.
Information gathered during the inspection supports at least one of the allegations and the complaint was determined to be valid. One complaint related violation and one non-complaint violation were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Licensing Inspector at (804) 629-3923.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780(4)-310-E Complaint related: Yes Description: Complaint Related
Based on interview, the center failed to ensure that when children are on the outdoor play area, at least 75 square feet of space per child is provided.
1. Staff #2, Staff #3 and Staff #4 confirmed that a small portable fence had been used to contain Child #1 during outside play time.
2. Staff #2 stated that the fence had been used for Child #1 regularly until ?about a week and a half ago?.
3. The area that the portable fence provided was measured and determined to be 16 square feet. Staff #2 confirmed that the 16 square foot area was the space that was previously provided for Child #1 during outside play time.
Plan of Correction: The center immediately stopped using the portable outside fencing. The center is thinking through alternative fencing options to provide for our students that are within the appropriate square footage range.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-350-B-1 Complaint related: No Description: Based on observation and interview, the center failed to meet the required staff to child ratio of 1:4 for children birth to 16 months.
1. Ten children were observed on the pavilion play area with Staff #2 and Staff #4.
2. Staff #2 and Staff #4 confirmed the age of the youngest child in the group was 14 months old.
3. Staff #2 confirmed that the group was not at the required 1:4 ratio for children birth to 16-month-old.
Plan of Correction: We reminded staff of going back to separate outside times. Waddler's 9:00-10:00 and the two's 10:00-11:00 so that the two year old ratio is not affected by the waddler room as they will be outside at separate times.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.