Apple Dumpling Learning Center, LLC
348 S. Commerce Avenue
Front royal, VA 22630
Current Inspector: Amy Tomblin (804) 629-3923
Inspection Date: Aug. 11, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
- Technical Assistance:
The center?s safe sleep policy was reviewed and determined to not be consistent with the recommended guidelines. The inspector provided a VDSS Safe Sleep 365 flyer and encouraged the provider to update their safe sleep policy to be consistent with safe sleep recommended guidelines.
An unannounced inspection was conducted on 08/11/2023 from 10:20 a.m. to 2:10 p.m. There were 61 children present, ranging in ages from two months to four years with 16 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of six child records and two staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Licensing Inspector at (804) 629-3923.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-130-A Description: REPEAT VIOLATION
Based on review of records and interview, the center failed to obtain documentation that each child has received immunization as required by the State Board of Health before the child attends the center.
1. Child #4?s record did not contain a record of immunizations.
2. Staff #3 confirmed the child?s first day was 08/09/2023 and that the center had not obtain documentation Child #4?s immunization before attendance.
Plan of Correction: Staff will obtain immunization prior to first day of attendance.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-60-A Description: Based on review of documentation and interview, the center failed to maintain and keep a separate record for each child which included the required information.
1. Child #1?s record was missing the first day of attendance. Staff #3 confirmed that Child #1?s record was missing the first day of attendance.
2. Child #2?s record was missing the first day of attendance, the place of employment for each parent and a second designated person to call in case of an emergency if a parent cannot be reached. Staff #3 confirmed that the items were missing from Child #2?s record.
3. Child #3?s record was missing the first day of attendance, name, address, phone number of one parent, the phone number of the second parent, a phone number for a second designated person to call in an emergency if the parents cannot be reached. Staff #3 confirmed that the items were missing from Child #3?s record.
4. Child #4?s record was missing documentation of viewing proof of the child?s age and identity and a second designated person to call in an emergency if the parents cannot be reached. Staff #3 confirmed that the required items were missing from Child #4?s record.
5. Child #5?s record was missing the first day of attendance. Staff #3 confirmed that the first day of attendance was missing from Child #5?s record.
Plan of Correction: Prior to child's first day, staff will make sure all necessary information is in the child's file. Staff #3 is reviewing all files.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-90--A Description: Based on review of records and interview, the center failed to ensure that a written agreement between the parent and the center was in each child?s record by the first day of attendance and included the required information.
1. Child #4?s record did not contain a written agreement between the parent and the center.
2. Staff #3 confirmed the child?s first day was 08/09/2023 and that the required written agreement was not in Child #4?s record.
Plan of Correction: We will use the model for that has all information needed and will update all files with model form.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.