Boar's Head Outfitters
200 Wellington Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Current Inspector: Barbara Workman (540) 430-9257
Inspection Date: July 19, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-780 Staff Qualifications and Training.
8VAC20-780 Physical Plant.
8VAC20-780 Staffing and Supervision.
8VAC20-780 Special Care Provisions and Emergencies
8VAC20-780 Special Services.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks (8VAC20-770)
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
63.2 Child Abuse & Neglect
A renewal inspection was conducted on July19, 2023 from 10:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M.. There were 16 children present, ranging in ages from five to twelve years of age, with five staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of five child records, five staff records, and two agents records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Licensing Inspector at 540-430-9257.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-160-C Description: Based on review of staff records, the center failed to ensure that at least every two years from the date of last tuberculosis screening/test a follow-up screening or test was completed.
1. Staff #1's last documented tuberculosis test was 07/01/2021. A new one was required by 07/01/2023.
2. Staff #2's last documented tuberculosis test was 06/28/2021. A new one was required by 06/28/2023.
3. Staff #1 verified that a new test or screening had not been completed.
Plan of Correction: Staff 1 and 2 will be tested at first available date.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-40-E Description: Based on review of the emergency plan and observation, the operational responsibilities of the licensee did not ensure that the centers activities and services are maintained in compliance with the centers own policies and procedures that are required by the standards.
1. While the Licensing Inspector was onsite on 07/19/2023 the fire alarm sounded. Four staff and 16 children completed an evacuation drill.
2. Staff did not take emergency kit on evacuation drill.
3. The emergency plan states that staff will take the emergency kit with them when evacuating the center.
Plan of Correction: Staff were reminded to always take the emergency bag when they have emergency drills.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-70 Description: Based on review of staff records, the center failed to obtain emergency contact information for staff.
1. In Staff #2, #3, and #4's staff record there was no documentation of emergency contact information.
2. Staff #1 sent the Licensing Inspector emergency contact information and the form was dated 07/20/2023.
Plan of Correction: Program Director had all staff fill out contact form to be stored onsite not off site with HR program.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-530-C Description: Based on observation and review of staff records, the center failed to ensure that at least two staff members on fieldtrips were certified in First Aid and CPR.
1. On 07/19/2023 the Licensing Inspector observed Staff #2 and Staff #4 leave the center with eight children to go on a field trip.
2. Staff #2's CPR/FA expired on 06/17/2023 and was not current.
3. Staff #1 verified that Staff #1's CPR/FA certifications were expired.
Plan of Correction: Lead staff were reminded of field trip requirements and Staff 2 was recertified.
Standard #: 8VAC20-780-550-P Description: Based on a review of injury reports, the center failed to ensure that all injury reports contained all the required information.
1. An injury report dated 07/07/2023 was missing the future action to prevent reoccurrence.
2. Two injury reports dated 07/06/2023 were missing the time the parent was notified, and the future action to prevent reoccurence.
3. One injury report dated 07/12/2023 at 10:45 A.M, was missing the following information; the time the parents were notified, future action to prevent reoccurrence, and only contained one of the two signature required. Another injury report dated 07/12/2023 at 11:00 A.M., was missing the future action to prevent reoccurrence.
Plan of Correction: Camp director reviewed procedures to fill out injury report and director oversaw reports for the following week to ensure mistakes were corrected.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.