Tacna De Gallo
21046 Mossy Glen Terrace
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Sept. 11, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
54.1-3408 Provider must be MAT certified to administer prescription medication.
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion was held regarding current enrollment, current staffing. New inspector was introduced and her contact information was handed to the provider.
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted this date from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. At the beginning of inspection, a total of 4 children (9 points) with 2 caregivers were present. An additional child (2 points) arrived later during the inspection. A sample of 7 children's files and 2 staff files were reviewed. The children were engaged in the following: toy play, games, songs, phonics, play-doh and other organized activities. Interactions between the children and staff were positive. The physical space, emergency supplies, evacuation drills and attendance records were reviewed. No allergies at this time. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-730-D Description: Based on observation and interview, 2 of 2 medications (one non-prescription and one prescription) were observed on site and not kept in a locked place using a safe locking method that prevents access by children.
1. On the date of inspection (09/11/2019), two medications were observed on site. Both were stored on a high shelf, but were not in a locked place.
2. The Provider stated (during an interview conducted on the date of inspection) that both medications were from children who were no longer in attendance.
Plan of Correction: Medication shall be appropriately discarded.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-750-A Description: Based on review, 6 of 7 topical skin products (in their original containers and, provided by the parent), were not labeled with the name of child.
1. On the date of inspection (09/11/2019), 3 of 4 diaper creams were without the name of child.
2. In addition, 3 of 3 insect repellents were also without the name of child.
Plan of Correction: The applicable name of child shall be placed on each container.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-760-A-1 Description: Based on review and interview, the first aid kit at the Family Day Home did not contain all of the required items.
1. On the date of inspection (09/11/2019), two triangular bandages were not available for review.
2. The Provider stated (during an interview conducted on the date of inspection) that the first aid kit did not contain triangular bandages.
Plan of Correction: Two triangular bandages shall be placed in the first aid kit.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-770 Description: Based on review, a working battery operated flashlight, and a working portable battery operated weather band radio was not available to caregivers at all times.
1. On the date of inspection (09/11/2019), both the weather band radio and flashlight kept on site contained batteries that were dead, thus rendering this equipment as not working.
2. Extra batteries for the flashlight were found and installed.
Plan of Correction: Flashlight was corrected during the time of inspection. Working batteries for the weather band radio shall be installed.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-780-B Description: Based on review, 6 of 7 children files reviewed indicated that a review with the parent the emergency contact information (as required in 22 VAC 40-111-60 B 2) to ensure that the information was correct, and that the parent's signed acknowledgment was obtained of this review was not conducted annually.
1. On the date of inspection (09/11/2019) the following children were without an update within the past year: Child #1 (09/27/2015), Child #2 (05/01/2018), Child #3 (05/01/2018), Child #4 (03/21/2018), Child #5 (05/12/2015), and Child #7 (09/03/2018).
2. This information was documented on each child record.
Plan of Correction: These records shall be reviewed, updated, and signed off for all applicable children.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-210-A Description: Based on review, 1 of 2 staff files indicated that not all staff had achieved a total of 16 hours of annual training.
1. On the date of inspection (09/11/2019), Staff #2 had a total of 3 hours of training.
2. Those three hours were obtained on 04/27/2019.
Plan of Correction: 16 hours shall be obtained by the end of the next annual training year.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-320-B Description: Based on observation, 1 of 7 child resistant protective covers (larger than 1-1/4 inches in diameter) was not installed on all unused electrical outlets accessible to children under five years of age.
1. On the date of inspection (09/11/2019), one outlet within the sleeping room off of the child care area was observed without its cover.
2. This outlet was not in use at the time of observation.
3. On the date of inspection there were 4 children in care under that age of 5.
Plan of Correction: Corrected on the date of inspection.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-320-I Description: Based on observation and interview, a working smoke detector was absent in the hallway outside the sleeping room of the children in care.
1. On the date of inspection, a smoke detector was observed attached to the ceiling without its cover. The battery was also observed missing.
2. The Provider stated (during an interview conducted on the date of inspection) that the cover and battery was removed due to the "beeping."
Plan of Correction: The smoke detector shall be put back together with a working battery.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-340-C Description: Based on observation and interview, paper towel were not available within the bathroom located in the child care area.
1. On the date of inspection (09/11/2019), paper towels were not available for use in the bathroom located in the child care area.
2. The Provide stated (during an interview conducted on the date of inspection) that she did not have paper towel for the bathroom.
Plan of Correction: Paper towel will be placed in this bathroom,
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.