Mrs. Mildred Grant
2009 Joliet Court
Virginia beach, VA 23456
Current Inspector: Chris Robinson (757) 404-2322
Inspection Date: Sept. 13, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-111 Nighttime Care
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
54.1-3408 Provider must be MAT certified to administer prescription medication.
63.2 Licensure and Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities and Programs
- Technical Assistance:
Technical assistance was provided in the following areas of the standards: 22VAC40-191 (Background checks);
An unannounced monitoring inspection was conducted on 9/13/19 from 9:40am - 11:10am. At the time of the inspection there were five children in care, ages five months old to two years old (14 points), with two caregivers present. Records were reviewed for five children and five caregivers/household members. Children were observed playing with toys and doing learning activities. The provider stated there are no medications being administered at this time. Emergency plan and emergency supplies were reviewed. Areas of non-compliance are identified on the violation notice and were discussed with the provider during the exit interview
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-100-A Description: Based on a review of five children's files, it was determined that the provider did not ensure that documentation of a physical examination by or under the direction of a physician prior to a child's attendance or within 30 days after the first day of attendance is obtained.
1. The record for child #4 (date of enrollment 4/22/19), present during the inspection, did not contain documentation of a physical examination.
2. Caregiver #1 reviewed the record for child #4, and confirmed the record did not contain documentation of a physical examination.
Plan of Correction: The provider responded: The parents of child #1 were contacted to provide a copy of the physical examination and has provided it. All children's files will be reviewed to ensure they contain a physical examination. New children to the family day home will have documentation of a physical examination on file within 30 days of enrollment.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-320-G Description: Based on a review of documentation and interviews, it was determined that the provider did not ensure that all wood burning stoves and fireplaces and associated chimneys shall be inspected annually by a knowledgeable inspector to verify that the devices are properly installed, maintained, and cleaned as needed.
1. The last documented inspection of the wood burning fireplace located in the family day home was 4/27/18.
2. Caregiver #1 confirmed that there was no documentation available for viewing during the inspection to demonstrate that an annual inspection of the wood burning fireplace had been completed.
Plan of Correction: The provider responded: We completed the annual fire place inspection but have been unable to locate it. We will call the company and try to obtain a copy of the inspection report.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on a review of five caregiver/household members records, it was determined that the provider did not complete a search of the central registry finding for any household member 14 years of age or older.
1. The record for caregiver/household member #5 (14 years old) did not contain documentation of a completed search of the central registry finding.
2. Caregiver #1 reviewed the record for the caregiver/household member #5, and confirmed that the search of the central registry finding has not been received.
Plan of Correction: The provider responded: We will a search of the central registry finding completed for caregiver/household member #5.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.