Ms. Tanya Reynolds
1060 Palm Avenue NW
Roanoke, VA 24017
Current Inspector: Jensen Mellnick (540) 309-2051
Inspection Date: Oct. 2, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-665 Building or home maintenance.
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted on 10/02/2019. The inspection began at 1:30 PM and concluded at 4:30 PM. There were ten children in care with two caregivers and a total of twenty-nine points. During the inspection nap-time was observed, letters and numbers lessons were observed, hand-washing practices, and movie time. Additionally, the inspector reviewed five children's records, the licensee?s record, and the substitute record. The inspector examined the home interior and exterior, emergency supplies, required posted information, drill documentation and the outside play area. This provider does not administer medications or transport children. There was discussion about the renewal application, children?s records and the outdoor play area. Please contact your inspector, should you have any questions: Jensen Mellnick (540)309-2051.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review, the provider failed to ensure that a child's record shall contain all elements as required by the standards.
1. Children (1, 3) did not have, within their records, names of persons other than the custodial parents who are authorized to pick up the child. The line was blank.
2. Child (1) did not have, within their record, first date of attendance.
3. Children (3, 4, 5) did not have name, address and telephone number of two designated persons to contact in case of an emergency if the parent cannot be reached. There was one emergency contact per child. The area for emergency contact number two was blank.
Plan of Correction: The provider will ensure that parents fill out required information.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-90-A Description: Based on record review, the provider failed to ensure that before a child may attend the family day home, the provider shall obtain documentation that the child has been adequately immunized according to the requirements of ? 32.1-46 A of the Code of Virginia and applicable State Board of Health regulations.
1. Child (3) had a documented first day of attendance of 01/02/2019 and the date listed on the documentation for immunization was 01/14/2019.
Plan of Correction: Provider plans to obtain immunizations in a timely manner in the future.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-280 Description: Based on observation and discussion with the provider, the provider failed to ensure that potentially poisonous substances, materials and supplies such as, but not limited to, cleaning agents, disinfectants, deodorizers, plant care chemicals, pesticides, and petroleum distillates shall be stored away from food in areas inaccessible to children.
1. The aerosol sanitizing spray agent located in the bathroom was in an unlocked cabinet in an accessible location to children.The cabinet was approximately two inches from the bathroom floor.
2. The closet labeled "cleaning supplies", which contained cleaning agents with a "keep out of reach of children" label, was unlocked and accessible to children.
Plan of Correction: Provider will ensure that all items are locked away.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-330-A Description: Based on observation and discussion with the provider, the provider failed to ensure that a landline telephone, excluding a cordless or cell phone, shall be available, operable, and accessible during the family day home's hours of operation. An operable landline telephone is one that does not require electricity to operate. Cordless or cell phones may be used in addition to the landline telephone.
1. During the inspection, the LI did not observe a landline telephone. He asked the provider if she obtained a landline telephone and she stated that she had not.
Plan of Correction: Provider plans to purchase a landline telephone.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.