14725 Calvary Place
Centreville, VA 20121
Current Inspector: Charles Perkins (703) 309-3963
Inspection Date: Nov. 7, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
63.2 Child abuse and neglect
63.2 Licensure and Registration Procedures
63.2 Facilities and Programs
- Technical Assistance:
Discussion was held on the topics of current staffing, newly enrolled children and their files, and a reminder that the 3 mesh cribs observed on site are not to be used of sleeping or naps for the children in care.
The following inspection took place between the hours of 9 am through 11:30 pm. Today, I met with the Provider on site at the Family Day Home (FDH) located in Centreville, Virginia. At the start of this unannounced monitoring inspection there were a total of 7 children observed (23 points) with 2 caregivers. A total of 8 children?s files, 2 staff files, and 3 household member?s files were reviewed. The children were engaged in the following: Infant play, infant sleeping, toy play, game play, art, small motor skills, infant feeding, bathroom breaks, and other organized activities. If you should have any future questions, please call or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Thank you.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on review, 1 of 8 children files indicated that not all of the required information/documentation was contained within each child's record.
1. On the date of inspection (11/07/2019), the medical insurance policy name and number for Child #8 was not available for review.
2. The emergency medical authorization signed by the parent of Child #8 was not available for review.
3. The Notice of Liability furnished by the Provider, was not signed by the parent of Child #8.
Plan of Correction: All missing information and/or documentation shall be obtained from the parent of Child #8 and placed on file within the Family Day Home.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-90-C Description: Based on review, 1 of 8 children files indicated that the Family Day Home (FDH) did not obtain documentation of additional immunizations for a child (who was not exempt from the immunization requirements according to subsection B of this section) once every six months for children under the age of two years.
1. On the date of inspection (11/07/2019), the most current Immunization Page on file at the FDH for Child #3 was dated - 03/15/2019.
2. Based on the information on file at the FDH, Child #3 was under the age of two years on the date of inspection.
Plan of Correction: A current Immunization Page shall be obtained from the parent of Child #3 and placed on file at the FDH.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-320-B Description: Based on observation, child-resistant protective covers larger than 1-1/4 inches in diameter were not installed on all unused electrical outlets and surge protectors accessible to children under five years of age.
1. On the date of inspection (11/07/2019) there were several outlet throughout the Family Day Home (FDH) that were missing their protective covers.
2. On the date of inspection, there were 7 children in attendance that were under five years of age.
Plan of Correction: All outlets shall have protective covers put in place.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-430-B Description: Based on observation, pressure mounted gates were being used as protective barriers at stair openings.
1. On the date of inspection (11/07/2019), a pressure mounted gate was observed at the stair opening to the downstairs play area, and at the bottom of the stairs leading to the main floor child care area.
2. On the date of inspection there were 5 children under the age of two years.
Plan of Correction: These gates shall be replaced with mounted gates and/or be relocated so they are not directly at the stair opening but still preventing accessibility to the stairs.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.