13336 Braddock Road
Clifton, VA 20124
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: Nov. 14, 2019
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
An unannounced monitoring visit was conducted today between the hours of approximately 9:15 am through 12:00 pm. There were 4 children (8 points) present with the provider and an assistant. A sample of 5 children's files and 3 staff/household member's files were reviewed. The children were engaged in the following: free toy play, reading flashcards, painting, reviewing the numbers (counting, reading the word and recognizing the numeral), lunch and transition to nap time. The provider and the assistant would encourage the children to use kind words and promote that the children repeat words to promote language development. They encourage, praise and redirect the children as needed. There is ample space for the children to play and a varied supply of developmentally appropriate games and toys. Cribs, the physical space, emergency supplies, evacuation drills, attendance records, and the Emergency Preparedness Plan were reviewed. There were no medications on site today. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at email@example.com.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-770 Description: Based on emergency supplies review and interview with the provider, a working portable battery-operated weather band radio was not available to caregivers at all times.
1) On the date of inspection (11/14/2019), a working portable battery-operated weather band radio was not available for review.
2) The provider showed the inspector two battery-operated radios but none of them were weather band radios.
Plan of Correction: I will buy a battery-operated weather band radio.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-780-B Description: Based on record review, the provider did not review annually with the parent the emergency contact information required.
1) On the date of inspection (11/14/2019) the most recent update in the record for Child #2 was dated 06/03/2018.
2) On the date of inspection (11/14/2019) the most recent update in the record for Child #4 was dated 01/31//2018.
3) On the date of inspection (11/14/2019) the most recent update in the record for Child #5 was dated 09/27/2018.
Plan of Correction: I will review the information with the parents.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-800-B Description: Based on document review and interview with the provider, it was determined that the provider did not review the emergency plan at least annually and update the plan as needed.
1) The most recent update to the emergency plan is dated September 2018.
2) The provider stated that he thought he had updated it.
Plan of Correction: I will review it tonight.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-100-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did not obtain documentation of a physical examination by or under the direction of a physician prior to a child's attendance or within 30 days after the first day of attendance.
1) On the date of inspection (11/14/2019) a physical examination for Child #5 was not available for review. Child #5 has been under care for more than 30 days.
Plan of Correction: I will ask the parent to bring it.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-90-C Description: Based on record review, the family day home did not obtain documentation of additional immunizations once every six months for children under the age of two years.
1) On the date of inspection (11/14/2019) the most current immunization available for review for Child #5 (dob 2/22/18) was dated 02/25/19.
Plan of Correction: I will ask the parent to bring it.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-180-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did obtain for each caregiver a current Report of Tuberculosis (Tb) Screening every two years.
1) On the date of inspection (11/14/2019) the most current Tb screening for Staff #2 was dated 01/05/2017.
Plan of Correction: I will make an appointment to have it done as soon as possible.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-280 Description: Based on observation, potentially poisonous substances were not stored in areas inaccessible to children.
1) In the bathroom located in the care area, two air fresheners were located in a lower decorative shelf, accessible to children.
2) An unlocked cabinet under the sink of the bathroom for the care area stored makeup, deodorant, lotions and air fresheners. The cabinet was unlocked.
Plan of Correction: The air fresheners were removed from the shelf during inspection. I will buy a child-proof lock and install on the cabinet door.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.