8471 Summer Breeze Lane
Springfield, VA 22153
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: July 6, 2020 and July 8, 2020
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, necessary due to a state of emergency health pandemic declared by the Governor of Virginia.
A monitoring inspection was initiated on 07/06/2020 and concluded on 07/08/2020. The provider was contacted by telephone to initiate the inspection. There were 10 children present and 2 staff. The inspector emailed the provider a list of items required to complete the inspection. The Inspector reviewed 2 children?s records and 2 staff records submitted by the facility to ensure documentation was complete. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance(s) with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the facility. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Licensing Inspector has reviewed with the provider COVID-19 Essential Guidance for Child Care programs.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-120-B Description: Based on record review, one of two caregiver's files did not contain all required information.
1) The record for Staff #2, did not contain documentation of a date of employment.
Plan of Correction: Will include the missing information in the file immediately.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-50-A Description: Based on document review, the family day home did not keep an accurate record of children in attendance each day.
1) The attendance record on the date of inspection, had 9 children's names listed as present despite there being 10 children present.
Plan of Correction: Corrected on the day of inspection.
Will make sure that all children are accounted for in the attendance list every day.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review, two out of two children's records reviewed did not contain all required information.
1) The record for Child #1 did not contain the name, address and telephone number of a second designated person to contact in case of an emergency if the parent cannot be reached.
2) The record for Child #2 did not contain the address and telephone number of a first designated person; and the name, address and telephone number of a second designated person to contact in case of an emergency if the parent cannot be reached.
3) The record for Child #1 did not contain documentation of proof of the child's age and identity being verified.
4) The records for Child #1 (start date 03/02/2020) and Child #2 (start date 12/16/2019) did not contain the results of a health examination for the child.
Plan of Correction: Will request the information from the parents as soon as possible.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-70-A Description: Based on record review, parents were not provided in writing, before the child's first day of attendance, with all the required information.
1) The record for Child #1 did not contain signed acknowledgement that the parents were provided with the FDH's Policies for the administration of medications. The form was located in Child #1's record but was not signed.
2) The record for Child #1 did not contain signed acknowledgement that the parents were provided with the FDH's Provisions of the family day home's emergency preparedness and response plan.
Plan of Correction: Will provide the information to the parents and request their signature as soon as possible.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-200-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did not orient the assistant by the end of their first week of assuming job responsibilities.
1) The record for Staff #2, did not contain documentation that an orientation training was completed.
Plan of Correction: Corrected on the day of inspection. Provider completed the orientation with the assistant and documented it in the appropriate form to include in the file.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. Eligible child care facilities must be fully licensed, licensed exempt and a VDSS subsidy vendor, or a voluntary registered day home and a VDSS subsidy vendor. Only programs enrolled in Virginia Quality will display a rating. Virginia Quality contact information for your region is available at the following link Regional Contacts.