7424 McWhorter Place
Annandale, VA 22003
Current Inspector: Karen Dickens (571) 423-6978
Inspection Date: Aug. 16, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, interviews and a virtual tour of the program.
A monitoring inspection was initiated and concluded on August 16, 2021. The provider was contacted by telephone and a virtual inspection was conducted. There were seven children(14pts) present, ranging in ages from 3 months to 5 years old, with 2 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of two child records and two staff records, and three household members records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Thank you for your cooperation today. If there are any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-70-A Description: Based on record review, parents were not provided in writing policies for the administration of medications before the child's first day of attendance.
1. Child #2's record did not contain documentation of the policies for the administration of medications.
2. Staff #1 stated that documentation of the policies for the administration of medications was not in the record.
Plan of Correction: The provider will give the form to the parents for completion.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-90-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the provider did not obtain documentation that the child has been adequately immunized.
1. Child #1's record did not contain documentation of an immunization record.
2. Staff #1 stated that documentation of immunizations were not obtained for Child #1.
Plan of Correction: The provider will get the immunization record from the parent by the end of the month.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-40-D-4-a Description: Based on record review and interview, three of three household members did not obtain a repeat search of Central Registry findings for all household members in the family day home.
1. Household Members #1, #2, and #3 records did not contain a repeat search for Central Registry. Household Member #1's last Central Registry finding was dated 06/02/2016. Household Member #2's record contained an expired Central Registry finding. The last Central Registry was dated 06/02/2016. Household Member #3's record contained an expired Central Registry. The Central Registry finding was dated 06/02/2016.
Plan of Correction: All Household Members will submit a new Central Registry search and email the Licensing Inspector the results.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-60-C-2 Description: Based on record review and interview, the provider did not obtain a repeat search of central registry finding.
1. Staff #1's record did not have documentation of a repeat central registry finding. The last central registry finding was dated 06/02/2016.
2. Staff #1 stated the Central Registry Search was not conducted after the initial search in 2016.
Plan of Correction: The provider will submit a Central Registry Search and once the finding comes back, will email the Licensing Inspector a copy of the results.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.