15039 Coronet Place
Waterford, VA 20197
Current Inspector: Mark Davis (804) 629-7103
Inspection Date: Aug. 26, 2021 and Aug. 31, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, interviews and a virtual tour of the program.
A renewal inspection was initiated on 08/23/2021 and concluded on 08/31/2021. The provider was contacted by telephone and a virtual inspection was conducted. There were 8 children present, ranging in ages from 19 months to 4 years, with 2 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of 2 child records, 2 staff records and 2 household member records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-780-B Description: Based on record review, the provider did not review, annually, with the parents the emergency contact information required to ensure the information is correct.
1) The most recent emergency information reviews in the record for Child #1 and Child #2 were dated 10/12/2018 and 06/04/2019 respectively.
Plan of Correction: It was corrected the date of 09/08/2021
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-790 Description: Based on review of posted documents, not all emergency telephone numbers were posted in a visible area close to the telephone.
1) On the date of inspection, the telephone number for the responsible person for emergency backup care was not posted or available for review.
Plan of Correction: It had been corrected the date of 09/08/2021
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-920 Description: Based on documentation review and interview, the menu for the current one-week period was not dated.
1) On the date of inspection, the menu provided for review was not dated.
2) The provider stated that the menu provided was the menu for the current one-week period.
Plan of Correction: It was corrected on 09/08/2021
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-70-A Description: Based on record review, not all required information was provided to parents before the child's first day of attendance.
1) The Medication Administration-Decision to Administer form in the records for Child #1 and Child #2 were incomplete. The Medication Administration-Decision to Administer is a two-page document. In the record for Child #1 (start date 10/15/2018), only the first page was available and was missing the second page with the parent's signature. In the record for Child #2 (start date 08/06/2018), only the second page was available and the first page with the description and details of the policy for medication administration was missing.
Plan of Correction: I have corrected most of it
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-170-A Description: Based on record review, the provider did not obtain for each household member (HM) a current Report of Tuberculosis(Tb) Screening form, every two years.
1) A current Tb screening form for HM #1 and HM #2 were not available for review.
Plan of Correction: The screening has been done.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-40-D-1-a Description: Based on record review, it was determined that the provider did not ensure that Central Registry search results are obtained every five years.
1) On the date of inspection, a current Central Registry search result for Staff #1 was not available for review. The most recent Central Registry search request result available in the record for Staff #1 was dated 09/03/2015. A new Central Registry search request result was due on 09/04/2020.
Plan of Correction: It had been completed and forwarded to the licensing inspector.
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-40-D-4-a Description: Based on record review and interview, it was determined that the provider did not ensure that a Central Registry results and a Sworn Statement or affirmation was obtained every five years for household members (HM) 18 years of age or older.
1) The most recent Sworn Statement available for HM #1 (dob 07/23/2001) was dated 07/23/2015 and for HM #2 (dob 07/23/2001) was dated 05/23/2015.
2) The most recent Central Registry search results available for HM #1 (dob 07/23/2001) was dated 09/03/2015 and for HM #2 (dob 07/23/2001) was dated 09/03/2015.
Plan of Correction: They have an appointment to get it done.
Standard #: 22VAC40-80-120-E-2 Description: Based on review of posted documents, not all required documents were posted for the public view.
1) The inspection of the facility posted was dated 08/25/2020. An inspection report dated 02/11/2021 should have been posted as the most recent inspection findings.
Plan of Correction: It was corrected the date of 09/08/2021
Standard #: 63.2-1721.1-B-2 Description: Based on record review and interview, it was determined that the provider did not ensure that fingerprints results were obtained for household members over the age of 18.
1) On the date of inspection, no fingerprint results were available for review for HM #1 (dob 07/23/2001) and HM #2 (dob 07/23/2001).
Plan of Correction: They do not live with me. They are in school. Will find a location and get it done.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.