42828 Vestals Gap Drive
Broadlands, VA 20148
Current Inspector: Lisa Hudson (571) 389-2459
Inspection Date: Sept. 7, 2021 and Sept. 9, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-111 Preventing the Spread of Disease
22VAC40-111 Medication Administration
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
54.1 Provider must be MAT certified to administer prescription medication.
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, and a virtual tour of the program.
A renewal inspection was initiated on September 7, 2021 and concluded on September 9, 2021. The Provider was contacted by telephone and a virtual inspection was conducted. There were 11 children present with 3 staff supervising, for a total of 30 points. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of 3 child records, 3 staff, and 2 household member records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-60-B Description: Based on record review, it was determined the Provider did not ensure that a child's record contained Name, address and telephone number of two designated persons to contact in case of an emergency if the parent cannot be reached.
1. Inspector reviewed 3 children's records and child #2 's record had the two parents listed as the emergency contacts.
Plan of Correction: I will talk to the parents and have them place the names and information of their listed authorized pick up people on the emergency contacts portion.
Standard #: 22VAC40-111-210-A Description: Based on interview and record review it was determined the Provider and Caregivers did obtain the 16 hours in annual training.
1. The Provider was asked about training hours for her and the 2 caregivers. Provider stated she had started a training and did not print the information but acknowledged she did not complete 16 hours of training in the last year.
2. The Inspector then asked about the two caregivers and they also have not completed 16 hours in training in the past year.
Plan of Correction: I will have all three of us take the Health and Safety training through the State of Virginia and sign up for more .
Standard #: 22VAC40-191-40-D-4-a Description: Based on interview and record review, it was determined the Provider did not obtain an out of State Background Clearance for a person who returned to reside in the home.
1. An adult household member was listed on the application and the Provider showed the Finger Print Search and Central Registry Search. The Provider then stated the Household member had attended classes in another state and is now teaching in Virginia.
2. Provider was asked if Central Registry Search was obtained from that state and the Provider stated she didn't realize she needed to obtain those.
Plan of Correction: We will send the request immediately.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.