9 Briar Hill Drive
Fieldale, VA 24089
Current Inspector: Rebecca Forestier (540) 309-2835
Inspection Date: Dec. 16, 2021
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-191 Background Checks for Child Welfare Agencies
22.1 Background Checks Code; carbon monoxide detectors
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted on 12/16/2021. There were 4 children, ages 2 years-4 years totaling 8 points, and 2 caregivers present during the inspection. The inspector observed the following: learning activities and free choice activities. The inspector reviewed 4 children?s records, 2 caregiver records, 1 household member record and 1 pet record. Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations are documented on the violation notice issued to the provider. The inspector arrived for the inspection at 9:15 a.m. and departed at 10:45 a.m. If you have any questions, please contact Becky Forestier at 540-309-2835.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-920 Description: Based on observations and discussion, the provider failed to ensure that when meals or snacks are provided by the family day home, the menu for the current one-week period shall be dated; given to parents or posted in an area accessible to parents; list any substituted food; and kept on file for one week at the family day home.
Evidence: The provider stated that breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack is provided for children in care. There was not a menu for breakfast and afternoon snack posted; only a lunch menu was posted.
Plan of Correction: Will print out and post.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-60-B Description: Based on record review and discussion, the provider failed to ensure that each child?s record contained all of the elements as required by the standards.
1. The record for Child 1 did not contain the names and addresses of previously attended child day care and schools.
2. The record for Child 2 did not contain the first date of attendance.
3. The record for Child 3 did not contain the first date of attendance; and the names and addresses of previously attended child day care and schools.
4. The record for Child 4 did not contain the name, address and telephone number of two designated persons to contact in case of an emergency if the parent cannot be reached (one of the two persons listed was a parent); policy number of the child?s medical insurance; and the names and addresses of previously attended child day care and schools.
Plan of Correction: Get information from parents today.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-320-B Description: Based on observations and discussion, the provider failed to ensure that child-resistant protective covers shall be installed on all unused electrical outlets accessible to children under five years of age.
1. There was an uncovered unused electrical outlet in the day care room of the home.
2. There were 2 uncovered unused electrical outlets in the kitchen of the home.
3. All children in care during the 12/16/2021 inspection were under the age of 5 years.
Plan of Correction: Covered during the inspection.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.