4102 Dakota Court
Alexandria, VA 22312
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: March 29, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
22VAC40-111 Household Members
22VAC40-111 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household Members
22VAC40-111 Caregiver Training
22VAC40-111 Physical Environment and Equipment
22VAC40-111 Care of Children
22VAC40-80 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks for Child Day Programs and Family Day Systems
This inspection was conducted by licensing staff using an alternate remote protocol, including telephone contacts, documents review, interviews and a virtual tour of the program.
A monitoring inspection was initiated on 03/23/2022 and concluded on 03/29/2022. The provider was contacted by telephone and a virtual inspection was conducted. There were 12 children present, ranging in ages from 4 months to 5 years, with 2 staff supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of 2 child records and 2 staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 8VAC20-770-40-D-1-a Description: Based on record review and interview, it was determined that the program did not ensure that Central Registry search results are obtained every five years.
1) The most recent Central Registry search request results available in the record for Staff #1 were dated 02/13/2017.
Plan of Correction: Central Registry search will be completed for Staff #1
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-800-B Description: Based upon review of the emergency preparedness plan and provider interview, the provider has not ensured that the emergency preparedness plan is reviewed annually and the review is documented.
1. The most recent review of the Emergency Preparedness Plan documented by the provider was dated 03/15/2021.
Plan of Correction: The Emergency Preparedness Plan will be reviewed and documented.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-920 Description: Based on documentation review, the menu for the current one-week period was not dated.
1) The menu available for review was not dated for the current one-week period.
Plan of Correction: We will ensure that the menu for the current is updated with the dates, going forward.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-60-B Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain all required documentation.
1) The records for Child #1 and Child #2 did not contain the address of two designated persons to contact in case of an emergency if the parent cannot be reached.
Plan of Correction: Records for Child #1 and #2 will be updated to reflect this.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-70-A Description: Based on record review, parents were not provided in writing of all required information before the child's first day of attendance.
1) The records for Child #1 and Child #2 did not contain the Provisions of the family day home's emergency preparedness and response plan.
Plan of Correction: Provisions of the family day home's emergency preparedness and response plan will be given to parents of Child #1 and #2.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-140-B-3 Description: Based on documentation review, one staff person did not possess a current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
1) The CPR certification card in the record for Staff #1 was dated 02/29/2020 with an expiration date of 02/29/2022.
Plan of Correction: CPR certification for Staff #1 will be renewed.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-140-B-4 Description: Based on documentation review, one staff person did not possess a current certification in first aid.
1) The first aid certification card in the record for Staff #1 was dated 02/29/2020 with an expiration date of 02/29/2022.
Plan of Correction: First aid certification for Staff #1 will be renewed.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-530-F Description: Based on observation, soft bedding was being used under or around infants.
1) On the date of inspection, Child #2 (dob 11/04/2021) was observed napping in a crib and was covered by a blanket. Another blanket was observed hanging from the side of the crib.
Plan of Correction: Blanket will be removed from crib.
Standard #: 8VAC20-820-120-E-2 Description: Based on review of required posted documents and interview with the program director, the center did not ensure that all required documents related to the terms of the license were posted on the premises of the program.
1) On the date of inspection, the findings of the most recent inspection of the facility (08/2021) were not posted. The inspection notice posted was dated 01/21/2021.
Plan of Correction: I will make sure that the most recent required documents related to the license are posted.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.