504 Berwick Court
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Current Inspector: Barbara Workman (540) 430-9257
Inspection Date: Aug. 23, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-800 Household Members
8VAC20-800 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household members
8VAC20-800 Caregiver Training
8VAC20-800 Physical Equipment and Environment
8VAC20-800 Care of Children
8VAC20-800 Preventing the Spread of Disease
8VAC20-800 Medication Administration
8VAC20-770 Background Checks
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
54.1 Provider must be MAT certified to administer prescription medication.
A renewal inspection was conducted on August 23, 2022 from 10:44 A.M.-1:45 P.M. There were eight children present for a total of 21 points, ranging in ages from 10 months to 4 years of age, with three caregivers supervising. The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of six children records, three caregiver, and one household member records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Licensing Inspector at 540-430-9257.
Standard #: 22.1-289.035-B-2 Description: Based on a review of caregiver records, the provider failed to ensure that the National Fingerprint background check was completed prior to first day of employment.
1. Caregiver #1's record did not contain the National Fingerprint background check. Date of hire for Caregiver #1 was 07/18/2022.
2. The provider verified that the National Fingerprint background check had not been completed.
Plan of Correction: An appointment was made for the caregiver to go and get her fingerprints completed.
Standard #: 8VAC20-770-60-B Description: Based on a review of caregiver records, the provider failed to ensure that a sworn statement or affirmation was completed prior to the first day of employment.
1. Caregiver #1's file did not contain a completed sworn statement or affirmation. Date of employment for Caregiver #1 was 07/18/2022.
2. The provider verified that the record did not contain a sworn statement or affirmation.
Plan of Correction: The caregiver completed the paperwork and is in the file. In the future any new assistant/caregiver will complete a sworn disclosure statement prior to the first day of employment.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-120-B Description: Based on a review of caregiver records, the provider failed to ensure that all required information was in the record.
1. One reference for Caregiver #1 was dated 08/21/2022. The reference is required prior to the first date of employment. Date of employment for Caregiver #1 was 07/18/2022.
2. There was not a second reference completed for Caregiver #1. The requirement is that two refence checks be on file prior to the first date of employment.
Plan of Correction: A second reference was obtained for the caregiver and placed in the file.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-60-A Description: Based on a review of children records, the provider failed to obtain all required information for a child's record.
1. Child #1's record did not contain the address for the two designated emergency contacts listed in the record.
2. The provider verified that the record was missing the addresses for the emergency contacts.
Plan of Correction: Provider requested the information at pick up and placed in the child's file.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.