19907 Ridgecrest Square
Ashburn, VA 20147
Current Inspector: Karen Dickens (571) 423-6978
Inspection Date: Sept. 8, 2022
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
?8VAC20-800 Household Members
?8VAC20-800 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household members
?8VAC20-800 Caregiver Training
?8VAC20-800 Physical Equipment and Environment
?8VAC20-800 Care of Children
?8VAC20-800 Preventing the Spread of Disease
?8VAC20-800 Medication Administration
?8VAC20-800 Nighttime Care
?8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
?8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
?8VAC20-820 HEARINGS PROCEDURES.
?8VAC20-770 Background Checks
?20 Access to minor?s records
?22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
?54.1 Provider must be MAT certified to administer prescription medication.
?63.2 Child abuse and neglect
?8VAC20-790 Subsidy Program Vendor Requirements for Family Day Homes
An unannounced renewal inspection was conducted today between the hours of 9:30 am through 11:00 am. There were a total of four children (11 points) observed with one caregiver. A total of four children's files and two staff/household member's files were reviewed. The children were engaged in the following: toy play, games, snack, bathroom breaks, hand washing, and other organized activities. Areas of non-compliance are identified in the violation notice. Please contact me if you have any questions at Karen.email@example.com.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-100-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the provider did not obtain documentation of a physical examination by or under the direction of a physician prior to a child's attendance or within 30 days after the first day of attendance.
1. Child #3's record (Start date-1/26/22) did not contain documentation of a physical examination.
2. Child #4's record (Start date-11/29/21) did not contain documentation of a physical examination .
3. Caregiver #1 confirmed a physical examination was not obtained from the parents.
Plan of Correction: The provider will get a copy of the physical examinations from the parents and document the record.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-60-B Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain required information.
1. Child #1's record (Start date-8/24/22) did not contain documentation of authorization to go off premises.
2. Child #2's record (Start date-2/28/22) did not contain documentation of name, address, and phone number of two emergency contacts, medical insurance and policy number, authorization of emergency care, and authorization to go off premises.
3. Child #3's record (Start date-1/26/22) did not contain documentation of medical insurance and policy number and authorization of emergency care.
4. Child #4's record (Start date-11/29/21) did not contain documentation of authorization to go off premises.
Plan of Correction: The provider will get the missing information from the parents and document the record.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-70-A Description: Based on record review, parents were not provided in writing before the first day of attendance whether or not there is liability insurance of at least $100,000 per occurrence and $300,000 aggregate in force on the family ay home.
1. Child #2 and Child #4's record did not contain documentation of a Liability Insurance Declaration.
Plan of Correction: The provider will get the parents to sign the Liability Insurance Declaration.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-210-A Description: Based on record review and interview, the provider did not complete a minimum of sixteen clock hours of training annually in areas relevant to their job responsibilities.
1. Caregiver #1 did not complete a minimum of 16 clock hours of annual training. Caregiver #1 confirmed that the annual training was not completed.
Plan of Correction: The provider will complete 16hours of annual training.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-320-B Description: Based on observation, child resistant protective covers larger than 1-1/4 inches in diameter were not installed on all unused electrical outlets accessible to children under five years of age.
1. Three electrical outlets accessible to four children under the age of five years old were not covered with protective covers.
Plan of Correction: Protective covers will be placed on the electrical outlets.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-540-A Description: Based on observation, high chairs were not used according to the manufacturer's instructions and when occupied by a child, a safety was not used and securely fastened.
1.Chil d#4 (16 months old) was seated in a high chair without a safety strap securely fastened.
Plan of Correction: The provider will ensure that when children are placed into the high chairs, the security strap will be fastened.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.