422 Deerpath Avenue, SW
Leesburg, VA 20175-2517
Current Inspector: Maria Robles-Lopez (703) 397-3827
Inspection Date: March 9, 2023
Complaint Related: No
- Areas Reviewed:
8VAC20-800 Household Members
8VAC20-800 Physical Health of Caregivers and Household members
8VAC20-800 Caregiver Training
8VAC20-800 Physical Equipment and Environment
8VAC20-800 Care of Children
8VAC20-800 Preventing the Spread of Disease
8VAC20-800 Medication Administration
8VAC20-800 Nighttime Care
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSE.
8VAC20-820 THE LICENSING PROCESS.
8VAC20-820 HEARINGS PROCEDURES.
8VAC20-770 Background Checks
20 Access to minor?s records
22.1 Background Checks Code, Carbon Monoxide
54.1 Provider must be MAT certified to administer prescription medication.
63.2 Child abuse and neglect
- Technical Assistance:
Clarification was offered on the following standards:
* 8VAC20-800-90-A. Before a child may attend the family day home, the provider shall obtain documentation that the child has been adequately immunized according to the requirements of ? 32.1-46 A of the Code of Virginia and applicable State Board of Health regulations.
* 8VAC20-800-120. Caregiver records.
A monitoring inspection was conducted on 03/09/2023 between the hours of approximately 11:15 am and 12:30 pm. There were 12 children present, ranging in ages from 7 months to 4 years (33 points), with 2 caregivers supervising. Children and staff were observed while playing with toys, handwashing and lunch. Lunch today consisted of turkey meat, peas, bread, apple slices and milk.
The inspector reviewed compliance in the areas of administration, physical plant, staffing and supervision, programming, medication, special care and emergencies and nutrition. A total of 3 child records and 3 staff records were reviewed.
Information gathered during the inspection determined non-compliance with applicable standards or law and violations were documented on the violation notice issued to the program. If you have any questions regarding this inspection, please contact the Licensing Inspector, Maria Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-800-B Description: Based upon review of the emergency preparedness plan and provider interview, the provider has not ensured that the emergency preparedness plan is reviewed annually and the review is documented.
1. There is no date on the provided emergency preparedness plan and no documentation that it has been reviewed in the past year.
2. The most recent review of the Emergency Preparedness Plan documented by the provider was dated 02/16/2022.
Plan of Correction: I did renew it the same day of inspection.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-60-B Description: Based on record review, children's records did not contain all required information.
1) The records for Child #2 and Child #3 did not contain the first date of attendance.
2) The record for Child #3 did not contain the policy number of the child's medical insurance.
Plan of Correction: Corrected the day of the inspection. I had the information in other forms.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-210-A Description: Based on record review, caregivers did not obtain a minimum of sixteen clock hours of training annually in areas relevant to their job responsibilities.
1) On the date of inspection, the record for Staff #2 did not contain documentation of having completed any of the required sixteen clock hours of annual training during the October 2021 - September 2022 license year.
Plan of Correction: The assistant will obtain the training hours required.
Standard #: 8VAC20-800-320-G Description: Based on documentation review, the provider did not ensure that wood burning fireplaces and associated chimneys were inspected annually by a knowledgeable inspector to verify that the devices are properly installed, maintained, and cleaned as needed.
1) The most recent fireplace inspection was dated 02/03/2022.
Plan of Correction: I will get a fireplace inspection soon.
A compliance history is in no way a rating for a facility.
The online compliance history includes only information after July 1, 2003. In addition, the online compliance history includes information regarding adverse actions that may be the subject of a pending appeal. An adverse action is not final until a provider has exhausted or waived all due process rights. For compliance history prior to July 1, 2003, or information regarding the status of pending adverse actions, please contact the Licensing Inspector listed in the facility's information. The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) is not responsible for any errors in or omissions from the compliance history information.
Virginia Quality is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system for early care and education facilities serving children ages birth through pre-K. To find programs participating in Virginia Quality, click here.